- An Event Apart: The Map Is Not The Territory
In his The Map Is Not The Territory presentation at An Event Apart Boston MA 2013, Ethan Marcotte shared his thoughts about the changing definition of the Web and his philosophy for making broadly accessible experiences.
Not your average Instagram video. This one’s a stop-motion movie that uses over 1,600 Instagram pictures.
- 6 mistakes newspapers make with data journalism
Justin Arenstein, the chief strategist and Knight International Fellow at the International Center for Journalists in South Africa, told the World Editors Forum in Bangkok that news companies needed to stop trying to “get into” data journalism.
- UX Spotlight: Behind the scenes of Tumblr’s design process
A quick look at how UI features are developed by designers and engineers.
- Behind Snowden's Hong Kong exit: fear and persuasion | Reuters
- Black Pearl Systems: Check out the secret startup of ex-Apple hardware guru Tim Bucher
Former Apple executive Tim Bucher has hired away some key technical leaders from Netflix, Apple, YouTube, Amazon and Intel for a new stealth hardware startup.
- Google Mine
Google prepares a new service that’s called Google Mine. It’s integrated with Google+ and it’s a way to keep track of the items you own or you’d like to have and share some of them with your circles. Right now, the service is tested internally at Google.